Saesneg yn unig....
Who we are
In this policy whenever we say ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’, it refers to the Royal Welch Fusiliers Regimental Collection Trust, a Registered Charity.
What we do and do not do with your information
We do use your data to maintain contact with you and to send newsletters or other information to you that we believe may be of interest to you and to seek your support in our charitable aims and objectives.
We do respect your privacy and work hard to ensure we meet strict legal and regulatory requirements.
We do not sell your data to third parties.
We do not share your data with third parties unless you have given to us your consent or when we are required by law so to do, for example, if requested to do so by the Charity Commission or Information Commissioner’s Office.
The personal data that we collect
We will collect and use your personal data. This means any information which identifies you, or which can be identified as relating to you personally such as your name, address, telephone number(s) and email address.
Only when required will we collect sensitive personal data. Usually this is collected only in respect of employees and volunteers. This is defined as information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life and criminal allegations, proceedings or convictions.
How we use your personal data
We shall use your personal data on relevant lawful grounds as permitted by the data protection law and regulations.
Where you have given to us your consent so to do, we use this information to keep you informed about our work, the Museum, volunteering with us, becoming and being a Friend of the Museum, events, fundraising, publications and to seek financial support from you.
If you agree to receive information and communications from us, you can always change your mind at a later date. For further information please see the section below on ‘Your Data Protection Rights’.
Recruitment, employment and volunteering
If you work for us or apply to work for us, whether paid or unpaid, we will process your personal data, including sensitive personal data, to comply with our contractual, statutory and management obligations and responsibilities.
This data may include, but is not limited to, information relating to your health, racial or ethnic origin and criminal convictions.
Retaining your information
We will use and store your information for as long as is required for the purposes for which it was collected. For how long it will be stored depends on the information in question, what it is being used for and, sometimes, our statutory requirements.
Disclosure and sharing of information
In respect of your personal data we do not sell this to or share this with other organisations.
Your data protection rights
You have certain rights over your personal data and we, as data controllers, are responsible for fulfilling these rights. Your rights are summarised as follows:-
- You have a right of access to data held by us. This right of access may be exercised by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to us at Royal Welch Fusiliers Regimental Museum, The Castle, Caernarfon, Gwynedd, LL55 2AY
- You may be asked to provide further details such as the personal information to which you require access and the date range of the information and we shall be required to confirm your identity before replying to your request
- You have a right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data at any time. You also have the right to ask us to stop using your data for marketing or other purposes. To exercise your rights please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Royal Welch Fusiliers Regimental Museum, The Castle, Caernarfon, Gwynedd, LL55 2AY
- If you wish to update or amend your data please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at Royal Welch Fusiliers Regimental Museum, The Castle, Caernarfon, Gwynedd, LL55 2AY
- If you would like us to erase or delete your data (your ‘right to be forgotten’) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Royal Welch Fusiliers Regimental Museum, The Castle, Caernarfon, Gwynedd, LL55 2AY. We shall comply with your request unless we are required by law or other regulations to retain your data If you are not happy with our use of your data, in the first instance please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at Royal Welch Fusiliers Regimental Museum, The Castle, Caernarfon, Gwynedd, LL55 2AY
- Should we not act to your satisfaction in response to your query or complaint you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) which is the UK data protection regulator whose details can be found at https://ico.org.uk or by contacting on telephone number 0303 123 1113.
We shall review and amend this policy periodically to ensure that it remains up to date, shows how and why we use your personal data and reflects any changes in the law or regulations.